Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS Workflow in 7.1

Vote:

Hi

I just installed the 7.1 add-on for episerver and  I am looking at the workflow options available now.  Good to see the workflow now included in the UI, however - on changing a page I can either goto tools and kick off a workflow or simply setting "ready to publish"on the editor.  I would like EVERYTHING to go through workflow - how can I prevent users from simply clicking the options button.  Ideally the options menu would tie into workflow rather than circumventing it.  

Maybe I'm missing something?

Apr 10, 2013 13:37
Vote:

Hi,

If you go to admin/tools/workflows you can setup workflows to automatically start based on a number of conditions, such as when a page is ready to be published in a specific section. Look belows the automatic start tab. If you don't want a user to be able to publish the page you control that by the ordinary access right.

Hope this helps

Apr 11, 2013 9:17
Vote:

Hi Peter,

thanks for the reply

OK, I have went through all the workflow - but I cannot get any workflow to start automatically.

For pages - what event are you meant to use - I cannot see an event for "ready to publish".  I have tried Save and publish but neither trigger anything

Also, when I set up a differnt workflow, e.g. for creating folders - I set a sequential workflow for create/delete/move.  I set it to the webAdmins group.  However when a webadmin creates/deletes a folder no workflow is started.

Is there somehting i need to "turn on" to allow automatic workflows to execute?  I have a vanilla install of episerver with 7.1 added.

Apr 11, 2013 14:03
Vote:

PageCheckedIn is the event you're looking for if you want to trigger it on "ready to publish". You don't need to do anything else to trigger workflows. Make sure that the user has access and that you have set a start page. 

Apr 12, 2013 10:04
Vote:

Thanks again Peter, 

Got it working now, must have been some problem around permissions - really impressed with the workflow.  Quick question though, 

I have set up a parallel workflow that requires 2 approvals.  But if the people I have set up to aprove the content are also publishers, they can simply publish the page which 1. ignores the workflow and 2 makes the workflow invalid.

Is this what you would expect?

Apr 12, 2013 13:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.