Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add-on store won't load after updating it

Ted
Ted
Vote:

I have a site updated to the 7.1 assemblies.

Went into the add-on manager, updated the core add-on store files and restarted the site.

After that I updated the add-on store UI files.

After restarting the site the add-on store fails to load with a 404 for the following URL: http://localhost:59900/epi/Shell/1.0.456/ClientResources/dtk/epi-packaging/RootContainer.js

So it seems there are missing resources for the Shell add-on. Looking in the \Modules\Shell\ folder I see two different folders with different version numbers:

So, it seems the 2.0.86 version was added when the add-on store was updated, but it seems JavaScript resources are still being loaded from the older 1.0.456 folder?

However, there's no RootContainer.js file in any folder beneath the Shell folder?

Edit/admin mode still works, but the add-on store won't load.

Apr 08, 2013 10:47
Vote:

Hi,

Could you copy the text from the module.config for the shell and for the packing ui module?

It sounds like the configuration files hasn't been properly upgraded.

Apr 08, 2013 11:15
Ted
Vote:

Here's module.config for Shell:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module productName="OnlineCenter" clientResourceRelativePath="1.0.456" loadFromBin="false" helpFile="http://webhelp.episerver.com/platform/7.0/{culture}/Default_csh.htm">
  <assemblies>
    <add assembly="EPiServer.Shell" />
    <add assembly="EPiServer.Shell.UI" />
    <add assembly="EPiServer.ApplicationModules" />
  </assemblies>
  <routes>
    <route controllerPrefix="EPi">
      <defaults>
        <add key="moduleArea" value="Shell" />
        <add key="controller" value="Dashboard" />
        <add key="action" value="Index" />
        <add key="id" value="" />
      </defaults>
    </route>
  </routes>
  <clientResources>
    <add name="epi.shell.ui" path="ClientResources/epi/themes/sleek/document.css" resourceType="Style" />
    <add name="epi.shell.ui" path="ClientResources/epi/themes/sleek/sleek.css" resourceType="Style" />
    <add name="epi.shell.ui" path="ClientResources/epi/shell/ResourceBundle.js" resourceType="Script" />
    <add name="epi.shell.ui" path="ClientResources/epi/patches.js" resourceType="Script" />
    <add name="epi.shell.ui" path="ClientResources/epi/shell/widgets.js" resourceType="Script" />
    <add name="epi.cms.visitorgroups.ui" path="ClientResources/epi/visitorgroup-widgets.js" resourceType="Script" />
  </clientResources>
  <dojoModules>
    <add name="epi" path="ClientResources/EPi" />
    <add name="dgrid" path="ClientResources/lib/dgrid" />
    <add name="put-selector" path="ClientResources/lib/put-selector" />
    <add name="xstyle" path="ClientResources/lib/xstyle" />
  </dojoModules>
  <clientModule initializer="epi.shell.ShellModule">
    <requiredResources>
      <add name="epi.shell.ui" />
    </requiredResources>
  </clientModule>
</module>

Apr 08, 2013 11:18
Ted
Vote:

And here's the contents of module.config for EPiServer.Packaging.UI:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module productName="AddOnManagement" clientResourceRelativePath="1.0.1092" loadFromBin="false">
  <assemblies>
    <add assembly="EPiServer.Packaging.UI" />
  </assemblies>
  <route controllerPrefix="EPi" url="AddOns/{controller}/{action}">
    <defaults>
      <add key="moduleArea" value="EPiServer.Packaging.UI" />
      <add key="controller" value="AddOns" />
      <add key="action" value="Index" />
    </defaults>
  </route>
  <clientResources>
    <add name="epi.packaging.ui" path="ClientResources/packaging.js" resourceType="Script" />
  </clientResources>
  <dojoModules>
    <add name="epi/packaging" path="ClientResources" />
  </dojoModules>
  <clientModule>
    <moduleDependencies>
      <add dependency="Shell" />
    </moduleDependencies>
    <requiredResources>
      <add name="epi.packaging.ui" />
    </requiredResources>
  </clientModule>
</module>

Apr 08, 2013 11:18
Vote:

How was this site created? Normal installation or was it based on the AlloyMVC package (or something else)?

Apr 08, 2013 12:28
Vote:

Hi,

It looks like the upgrade failed. There is a know issue if you try to upgrade the Alloy MVC template packages, the problem is that if you have "touched" any files in a module folder the nuget upgrade will fail, and in the Alloy MVC case the files has been modified.

You can trie to remove the modules from the modules folder and copy the new files from the module repository. e.g

Copy everything from ModulesRepository\CMS.2.0.79 into Modules\CMS. Same thing for Packaging, Packaging.UI and Shell.

Edited, Apr 08, 2013 12:32
Ted
Vote:

Indeed, I think that was the problem! It's working now, thanks a lot for your help!

Apr 08, 2013 13:19
Vote:

Ted, did you encounter any problem with dojo.parser javascript error?

I had exactly the same problem as you but after I copied everything from ModulesRepository into Modules I got a javascript error from widgets.js instead.

So did you also see this error and if so, how did you fix it?

http://world.episerver.com/en/Start/Download/Items/EPiServer-CMS/EPiServer-7---CMS/EPiServer-71-CMS-Update/

Apr 09, 2013 11:01
Vote:

@Daniel: You probably have some files stuck in "Temporary ASP.NET files". Most importantly bootstrapper.aspx. To try a quick fix, search for all instances of looking like bootstrapper.aspx./checksum/.compiled and remove them.

Apr 09, 2013 11:30
Vote:

@Erik, thanks alot! That fixed my problem! :-) I thought I had emptied all "Temporary ASP.NET files" but I only emptied files in Microsoft.NET/Framework/... and missed some files in Microsoft.NET/Framework64/..

Apr 09, 2013 11:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.