Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

What editors are missing

Vote:

I've done my first day of training for editors who upgrade from CMS6 to CMS7. Many praises for CMS7! But I also promised to pass along their following regrets:

• Favorites is gone with no proper replacement. It made daily work quicker for quite a few editors
  • Expiration is placed very far away from "Schedule for Publish" (Form Editing > Tools > Manage Expiration versus "Actions Menu"). But many Editors seem to think of "future publishing" and "future depublishing" in tandem
  • The lightbulb for new content (last 48 h) is gone and sorely missed

BTW, I noticed a few inconcistencies:

• "Edit View" contra "View Mode" doesn't make sense linguistically
  • File manager still has to be operated with right-click menu

Have a nice day,
Dag

Mar 14, 2013 13:35
Vote:

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it as we spend a lot of time trying to better the user experience of the interface.

We are currently working on a replacement for the file manager and this should be part of the next framework update.

As for the favorites, I have done a demo addon that adds similar functionality to the new interface. I will be demoing this at the EPiServer Meetup on the 26 March; I will make the addon publically available after that.

Mar 15, 2013 9:54
Vote:

Also like to add that the "compare and versioning" is something that people miss and the new feature is not that easy to work with. In CMS6 it was very easy to work with versions and future versions of a page...

Mar 15, 2013 10:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.