Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Customising the Edit UI - Top buttons or Action Menu

Vote:

Hi Guys, as far as i can see (please correct me if wrong) - there is no way inside edit mode to open the page up in the site, with its proper friendly URL.

I would like to add a button next to "toggle view settings" and "toggle preview mode" to open the friendly url in a new tab. If thats not possible, then id like to add this as an option to the action menu on the page tree navigation.

Not sure where to start though - does anyone know if this is possible in epi 7 and if so where i should look.

Thanks

Jon

Mar 05, 2013 19:01
Vote:

Hi Jon,

There's a small "view" link available if you click on the Options button (the one you publish pages with). 

I've added a button next to the preview button myself but there's too many components to paste here. The key to accomplishing it though was this post by Ben McKernan.

Mar 05, 2013 20:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.