Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE error

Vote:

I've installed the "EPiServer Edit UI 2.0.39" addon which has som nice features regarding the languagemanager. (http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/Preview-of-the-New-EPiServer-7-CMS-User-Interface/)

But once it's installed the TinyMCE won't work anymore, just a blank textarea. What I can see in FireBug is that I get an 404 on this request:
/util/Editor/tinymce/plugins//editor_plugin.js?moduleArea=Util (notice the double-slash)

I placed an empty editor_plugin.js-file directly in the plugins-folder, and the editor works again. But it doesn't feel lika a good workaround. Anyone know how to fix this, and what have I done wrong?

Feb 02, 2013 11:48
Vote:

Just a question: Do you think the requested URL referring to one of your own Tiny MCE-plugins or does it seem to be requesting something built in in EPiServer? Seems like it's missing the plug-in name in the path where the double slash is. We have special handling for third party add-ons since the upgraded Tiny MCE version now is located inside the CMS add-on and therefore we need to handle third party add-ons inside the util folder. But there might of course be a bug here.

Feb 03, 2013 19:40
Vote:

I don't have any TinyMCE plugins at all. So I think it's trying to request something in EPiServer, but suddenly missing the plugin-name for some reason.

Feb 04, 2013 7:49
Vote:

Looks like you have a TinyMCEPlugin class without PlugInName set. Could you please dump and post your tinymce settings?

Feb 04, 2013 9:11
Vote:

Exactly what settings are you intresting in? Here are the settings in EPiServer anyway:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1GzO91ZdUbzcWJCamlIR1Nja0k/edit?usp=sharing

Feb 04, 2013 9:28
Vote:

I saw an enabled plugin that doesn't have translated name, very likely a tinymce plugin from your site. Could you please search for all TinyMCEPlugin or TinyMCENonVisualPlugin in your code base?

Feb 04, 2013 9:44
Vote:

You are right! I DID have a plugin that I forgot. I'm using a code foundation for all EPiServer sites which includes a small plugin just to enable iframes. So, all I needed was to set a pluginname and add that folder to the plugin-folder.

Feb 04, 2013 11:05
Vote:

Yes, as far as I know, tinymce is not fault tollerent on loading plugins on FF and Chrome. IE surprisingly works.

Feb 04, 2013 11:14
Vote:

Just found another folder missing; "/util/Editor/tinymce/plugins/epicontentfragment/editor_plugin.js", and that's a plugin that I'm sure I haven't created myself. This i requested only when editing dynamic properties and gives me a 404. I solved it the same way, created the folder and put an empty editor_plugin.js-file in it.

Feb 04, 2013 16:52
Vote:

I got this error as well. How did you resolve it?

Jun 13, 2013 10:29
Vote:

There are a couple ways you can resolve it. You could:

1) Create an empty editor_plugin.js file in the location that is being requested to prevent the 404

2) Create an empty file handler and set up configuration so the handler only targets the requested path. Check near the end of: http://cjsharp.com/blog/2013/04/15/how-to-add-valid-elements-like-iframes-to-tinymce-in-episerver-7/

3) As Joshua Folkerts commented in the above link: "You can also add a virtual path to the episerver.config file to handle the new url and map it another location without using a handler. This way, you add the vp and reference the same empty js file for all plugins."

Jun 14, 2013 12:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.