Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Collection Property on Block

Vote:

I have block that I want to render a series of images (making a slideshow). Getting the slideshow running isn't an issue. All I need is to loop through a collection of Image Urls and run some JS.  Is there a way to do something like this as a block property? Does EPi7 have a built-in way of creating a list of file paths? I know there are some add-ons that can do this but none of them are supporting 7 yet. I tried using the LinkItemCollection but that doesn't really meet my needs. I need something similar but for images.  My site is using MVC Razor.

Feb 28, 2013 21:59
Vote:

Maybe you could use EPiImage. I'm not sure on the current status of EPiIMage on CMS 7 though.

Mar 01, 2013 7:53
Vote:

What I´ve done iin the past s let the editors select a folder in the file system and then get all the image files from that folder. Basically something similar to this: http://www.frederikvig.com/2010/04/creating-a-simple-image-gallery-with-episerver/.

Hope this helps

Frederik

Mar 01, 2013 10:20
Vote:

Hi Corbin

Have you found any clean solution? would you mind to share with us? cuz I am having the same issue at the moment, I've checked the article that Frederik's mentioned, however the slideshow I need to achieve has more properties rather then just the file property.

Thanks

Apr 08, 2013 14:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.