Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content disappearing

Vote:

The content of nearly all the properties, except for a couple, disappears without a trace of ever existing on all the instances of a given page type. This seemed to have happened after changing page type definitions, but not consistently. Sometimes it seems to have happened randomly. Once the content disappears, there is no change record in the database to show the content ever existed (i.e. the publish history of those properties) thus we can't even revert to previous publish versions of those pages. Have you guys ever seen anything like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this site is close to launch and we keep losing content!

Thanks,

Will

Nov 01, 2013 20:17
Vote:

Wich version of CMS7 are you using. There was a bug like this regarding blocks in the first version but it was fixed in patch 1.

http://world.episerver.com/Support/Bug-list-beta/?searchQuery=93633&sortBy=relevance

Nov 02, 2013 9:30
Vote:

Hi Per,

I will try installing the latest patch. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nov 04, 2013 16:44
Vote:

Weve had exactly the same problem :-( .. content disappears without trace!!! weve experienced this in two Ep7 builds!! not good!!

Jan 10, 2014 12:47
Vote:

Hi, Matt, I've had this problem only on first version of EPiServer, I've worked on a couple of EPi7 solutions ever since and this never re-occured. Does this happen even after installing the latest Patch 4?

Jan 13, 2014 16:06
Vote:

were looking to install patch 4 very soon, so ill keep my fingers crossed ;-)

Jan 13, 2014 16:22
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.