Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

wrong license

Vote:

I created a partner developer license for CMS 6  but apparently the license is due to EpiServer 7 because it stands Version=7.0.748.0 inside the file  license.config. I get EPiServer.Core.Licensing.Throw License Error, when I try to execute a job.

I took a look at teh inside of an older license on the same project on another pc where it stands version=6.2.165.1 inside. Is it wrong with license?

Jan 24, 2013 14:15
Vote:

If you are using EpiServer 7 you need to generate license for EpiServer 7, although the Episerver 6 license file contains Version=7.0.748.0, otherwise it throws the error

Jan 24, 2013 14:29
Vote:

I am not sure that I understood your opinion correctly. I have a project which is based on EPiServer 6, I created a license for EPiServer 6, so I have gotten a license which contains Version=7.0. So I am not sure whether this is right license because I am getting license error when I execute a job. I do not get any license error when the project runs on IIS8, only when a job will be executed.

Jan 24, 2013 14:45
Vote:

I'm wondering about the same. How is it possible to generate a CMS6 license without the 7.0 reference inside?

<VersionRestriction From="6.0" To="6.1.9999" Type="EPiServer.Licensing.RestrictionTypes.VersionRestriction, EPiServer.Licensing, Version=7.0.748.0, ........ >

EDIT:
I've talked to the guys at EPiServer, and they ensured me that even though there is a reference to a 7.0 assembly in the license file, it does not require EPiServer 7 application files installed on the server. 
Edited, Jan 30, 2013 12:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.