Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using first-party cookie to run personalization engine

Vote:

I am currently working on a strategic approach to personalization on Episerver and have come across a . We use Pardot as a marketing automation platform and have connected this up to allow visitor groups to be built based on Pardot profile data. However I am aware that this is only a mechanism that will work when Episerver recognises a user, i.e. they have filled out an Episerver form..

I was wondering if anyone is aware of a solution whereby cookies from another platform can be used within Episerver for the personalization engine? So we use the first-party cookie of Pardot to identify the user?

Thanks,

Liam

Mar 27, 2019 15:45
Vote:

Pardot should be encoding links in the comms that it sends, so that links back to the website will contain a token that Episerver will pick up and start personalising straight away without needing to fill in a form.

The idea is that when you click on a link, Episerver will pick up this token and then be able to immediately personalise.

It doesn't address exactly what you were asking for but good to know.

Mar 27, 2019 21:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.