Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Possibility of Case specific Form??

DG
DG
Vote:

Dear Experts,

If I need to create a lowercase specific field form in which special charaters are not allowed. Please suggest if this is possible in Episerver CMS.

If yes, via Editor studio or via code level changes?

Thanks in Advanced

Regards

Deep

Aug 05, 2021 13:23
Vote:

Hi,

Yes it's possible with the out-of-the-box offering of Optimizely Forms. Each form field has a standard set of field validators available to the content editor, and text fields in particular have a regular expression validator - which means that a content admin can configure a custom regular expression pattern, and if it's not matched show an error message. See the Optimizely user guide here: https://webhelp.optimizely.com/latest/en/addons/forms/form-element-types.htm

For more advanced scenarios, there's also the possibility of extending forms and adding custom field types: https://world.optimizely.com/documentation/developer-guides/forms/creating-form-element-with-validator/

Aug 05, 2021 15:31
DG
Vote:

Thanks Jay for your response.

So this means as per my requirement where I need only lower case non special characters field input I need to set it up with Regular Expression Validator.

Could you please help with inputs where both above conditions can be putin into single validator.

Many thanks.

Regards

Aug 05, 2021 15:44
Daved - Oct 08, 2021 14:55
What characters are not allowed, and what are the specific conditions you are supporting, aside from lower case? RegEx requires a bit more specificity, but it's not hard to accomplish when you have the parameters defined.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.