Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom Link to Specific Form Step

Vote:

Hello,

I have a multi-step form and the last step of the form we use a "Rich Text (with placeholders)" property to allow users to review their form submission prior to finalizing their submission. I need to create a link that can go back to a previous step in the form but not necessarily _the_ previous step (a user might need to edit a field from step 1 for example).

I know there isn't built in functionality for this so I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on developing this or if anyone else has run into this before and came up with a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Edited, Jul 08, 2020 21:19
Vote:

Hi Zach,

I am also interested in a solutions for multi-step forms. It would be a nice enhancement to be able to provide that functionality.

A potential alternative approach could be to use multi-page form instead and provide links to each page of the form?

Alex

Jul 09, 2020 12:36
Vote:

Alex, I tried that and unfortunately it doesn't save form data in that case. It doesn't even do so when clicking the previous button. The user is taken back to the correct step, but none of the data is filled in (both by clicking previous and manually going back to the url).

Jul 09, 2020 14:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.