Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Number Fields Not Appearing in Email Summary

Vote:

I have a number field on a form named "Number of Tickets" this number needs to appear on an email to confirm with the submitted and another email to someone within my organization. When assembling the email in Episerver, I use the Insert Placeholder button to add this field to the email. The name appears correctly between the #s, but when the email arrives there is no number where the field was inserted. I have confirmed that the number is stored in the form data within Episerver. Is this a known issue?

As workaround for now, I'm using a text field for the user to enter this number but this is not ideal. 

Apr 15, 2019 18:19
Vote:

hi Eric,

I've just tested the Number Field in email summary and it still works.

Which EPiServer.Forms version are you using ?

Apr 16, 2019 11:13
Vote:

Hi Quan,

We're on 4.24.1. Below are some screenshots demonstrating this behavior. If there 

Apr 16, 2019 17:21
Vote:

Hi Eric,

I tried so many times but I could not reproduce the issue. 

Do you have any customization code of Forms ?

Can you reproduce the error in fresh normal Alloy site with simple form ?

Apr 17, 2019 12:10
Vote:

Hi Quan,

Thanks for trying to reproduce it. We do have some custom Forms code, I don't see where it could be interupting the number field specifically, but I will comb through our code and see if I can find the issue. It is a bit outdated (written for CMS 9, I believe), so some compatibility issues might be lurking in there. I'll give the Alloy site a try with stock Forms, if I can't find replicate the issue there, I'll add our custom code and see where that gets me. 

I'll update this thread with any findings. Thank you.

Apr 17, 2019 16:52
Vote:

Okay Eric. Hope that you can find out the root cause.

Apr 18, 2019 4:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.