Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New Custom Form Elements not available in UI

Vote:

This is a weird one that just started happening and I am at a complete loss. I create a new custom form element block in code but it is not being picked up by the UI. It's not in the Form Elements gadget and it is not listed when you click "create a new form element".

The View is in the right location.

Now when you go under Admin > Content Type > Block Types you can see the info and everything looks fine. 

Even if I make a copy of an existing element (add a 2 to the name, generate a new GUID) that copy won't show up either. 

Thoughts??

Dec 19, 2019 21:30
Vote:

Can you try to move your element to fresh Alloy site to see if it shown. One reason that you could consider is caching of ASP.NET. Try to clear the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files (correct your path) and refresh the site.

Dec 24, 2019 10:44
KennyG - Dec 27, 2019 17:53
Dac, it seems to be some problem in the database because I have copied down the INTE database and now the block is appearing.
Vote:

Yeah, I replaced my local database with a backup from Integration and the problem went away. Super weird.

Dec 27, 2019 18:01
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.