Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding file upload as email attachment along with form data

Vote:

I am working with Episerver CMS 10.10.1 and installed the highest compliant version of Forms 4.8.5

Our site is needing to become compliant with the California Consumer Privacy Act, and as such we are required to create a form where the user can upload their information that they want removed from our site. Within these requirements, the user needs the ability to upload a file along with the on-page information submitted through the form.

By default, it seems that Forms stores the attached files in the app_data blobs, then sends as a link in the email that the form is configured to use.  This will no work, as we are trying to remove the customers data which would be defeated by keeping an attached copy of their file in a publicly accessible folder.

I read online that there are custom actors that can be written and tried to leverage one called SendEmailWithMultipleFilesAsAttachment but am unable to use the provided code because in this version of forms, the built in actor SendEmailAfterSubmissionActor has methods SendMessage and the _smtpClient as private.

I need the ability to submit the uploaded file as an email attachment, along with the data submitted through the form in the same email, can someone help?

Edited, Dec 05, 2019 22:53
Vote:

The forms you are using is too old. The CustomSendEmailActor is suitable way for your requirement, you need to implement to send message with attachment by yourself. The default one is not sending with attachment also.

Dec 11, 2019 11:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.