Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to improve poor form UX

Vote:

Hi All,

We use episerver forms (4.17.0) with Server side validation. When you fill in your details and click on the submit button the page basically does nothing until the fields have been validated. Server responds, adds the nice green ticks against each field (or not if validation fails) and off we go to the thank you page.

However, what I think is poor UX is that not even the submit button disables itself, or anything. There is no visual clue to the user that the site has registered the click/ tap of the submit button and that it's doing something.

How can I hook into that onclick even and improve the UX of my forms?

I've read through lots of posts both here on world.episerver and out in the wild, but I'm struggling.

Oct 16, 2018 17:18
Vote:

You can listen the event [formsStartSubmitting] for example and show indicator that the form is in progress. Please see how to connect to the events here: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/forms/handling-events-for-forms/

Oct 17, 2018 6:09
Vote:

thanks Dac, I guess I was looking for a way that didn't involve slapping some jquery on the front end. ;)

Oct 17, 2018 9:16
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.