Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Forms alternative steps

Vote:

Hi!

Is there any approach in Episerver Forms to implement alternative variants of step, depending on Selection made on the very first step. I have the followin structure:

========
- Step1

- Selection1
  • VariantA  
  • VariantB
- Step2_ForA (Only display if field Selection1 == VariantA)

- Step2_ForB (Only display if field Selection1 != VariantA)
=========

If I select VariantB, Step2_ForA is skipped, I can submit, everything is fine.

If I select VariantA, Step2_ForA is opened and "Next" button is available, I can open Step2_ForB (it mustn't be available when VariantA is selected).

What am I doing wrong? Or is it a Forms' bug? In that case, Is there any workaround?

Aug 31, 2017 14:55
Vote:

When you click on "Next", Forms try to find satisfied step with the condition, if there is no step satisfied it will show the last step (this consitent behaviour when you run Forms in non-js mode). In your case, Step2_ForB is last step, so Forms will show that step. You could place submit button on your Step2_ForA and Step2_ForB for visitors finalize their submit, then hide the naviation bar when user reach to those step.

One more option is that you create a last step to summary user data, then place the submit button there. Forms will show your last step instead of Step2_ForB.

Hope this help.

Sep 01, 2017 7:09
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.