Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Forms - Form data and the "Finalized"-column

Vote:

Hi!

We've recently started using the "new" EPiServer Forms.

When you look at the forms data there's a column at the end, "Finalized" ("Slutförd" in Swedish).

Can someone explain how that column works?

Does it apply to "single step"-forms, "multi step"-forms or both?
    If it applies to "multi step"-forms, would it be possible to see - if the user abandons the form - on what step he/she abandoned it?

Thanks!

Aug 23, 2017 14:11
Vote:

Hi Marcus, thanks for your interested in Forms.

You can see in this article, there are a few special columns exist in every form definition.

http://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/addons/episerver-forms/viewing-form-submissions.htm

We will update that article.

The Finalized flag applies for all forms, but single-step-form is meaningless, I guess.

For "multi step"-forms, it's an indicator of "user abandons the form".

I have not think about the  "on what step he/she abandoned it?", and Forms does not have it out of the box, but here is my opinion:

• Step Index is not really helpful. Because it is can be redesigned by editor.
  • In case you want to trace the abandonment, put an hiddenInput into that step as a signal.
  • When you don't see that signal in the ViewFormSubmission, you know where it is.

Here is explanation about other system columns

/// <summary>
/// Prefix for all system columns of a form submission.
/// </summary>
public const string SYSTEMCOLUMN_PREFIX = "SYSTEMCOLUMN_";
/// <summary>
/// Unique identifier for a submission record
/// </summary>
public const string SYSTEMCOLUMN_SubmissionId = SYSTEMCOLUMN_PREFIX + "SubmissionId";
/// <summary>
/// Timestamp of a submission record
/// </summary>
public const string SYSTEMCOLUMN_SubmitTime = SYSTEMCOLUMN_PREFIX + "SubmitTime";
/// <summary>
/// Username (if any) who submit this record
/// </summary>
public const string SYSTEMCOLUMN_SubmitUser = SYSTEMCOLUMN_PREFIX + "SubmitUser";
/// <summary>
/// PageLink (or content link) of the page hosts the FormContainerBlock
/// </summary>
public const string SYSTEMCOLUMN_HostedPage = SYSTEMCOLUMN_PREFIX + "HostedPage";
/// <summary>
/// Is the submission for this form finished? If this column contains true, that mean Visitor goes to the end of Submission Process (and click to SubmitButton) of that Form.
/// </summary>
public const string SYSTEMCOLUMN_FinalizedSubmission = SYSTEMCOLUMN_PREFIX + "FinalizedSubmission";
/// <summary>
/// Language of the Submission. If Visitor submits the form in Svenska page (contains Svenska FormContainerBlock), this column will be "sv"
/// </summary>
public const string SYSTEMCOLUMN_Language = SYSTEMCOLUMN_PREFIX + "Language";

Aug 25, 2017 4:28
Vote:

And, could you please, post Forms related question to http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Addons/

It will get more attraction from correct team ;) and we can answer faster.

Aug 25, 2017 4:30
Vote:

Hi Thach,

And thanks for your input. Just what I was looking for!

Yes, I've been looking around on the web for more information about EPiServer Forms and I've also looked at the help page you mentioned.

I think that the more you help texts, documentation, tutorials and so forth you provide the more developers will appreciate to develop on the EPiServer platform.

And if I have more questions regarding EPiServer Forms I will post them in the correct forum. Just forgot that it was an addon and not part of the core product :-)

//Marcus

Aug 25, 2017 8:10
Vote:

Thank you, Marcus,

It's core functionality of a Cms, but we develop it as an add-on, to be on its own track with faster iteration because we have dedicated team for it.

You know the demand and creativity of developer is unimaginable, so we might not provide enough example and guideline for all possibility. Don't hesitate to ask question, if it's not in the documentation, we will add it.

Aug 25, 2017 8:53
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.