Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content API Auth for .Net6 CMS 12 site

Vote:

Hi

Curious to know if anyone's implemented Content API auth for CMS 12 (.net 6)? The ContentDeliveryAPI.OAuth package was deprectaed for .Net 5 and 6, so per the few online forums I've explored so far, there are a few potential cadidates to help do the same job like OpenIddict, Okta, IdentityServer etc. Want to see if anyone has explored any of these yet?

In our specific case, there was JWT validation happening via the Oauth package and additional claims were being saved from that, plus cookie auth. OpenIddict claims to be able to do jwt validation and more and I've kind of started exploring that option.

But wanna hear from the community too.

Do share if anyone's tried anything.

Regards

Ritu

Oct 11, 2022 20:18
Vote:

Hey Ritu,

I would have thought you would go straight to OpenIdConnect.

https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/content-cloud/v1.5.0-content-delivery-api/docs/api-authentication

Oct 12, 2022 7:56
Vote:

Hi Surjit

Technically this doc also references OpenIddict. And as I said, i'd been exploring options and there was no single answer really.. but various ways to approach this. So i wanted to ask around and see if anyone's done it any differently.

Oct 12, 2022 12:40
Vote:

As mentioned before.. there are several options available to achieve this. We ended up going with JWTBearerAuth to achieve our end goal.

Oct 26, 2022 16:02
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.