Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Google Analytics Add-in: Filter displayed data based on user role

Vote:

Hello all

Our company has a set of site areas, each one of them with a number of pages.

We have defined roles that represent each site area.

Our company has site area editors that have restricted access to site areas. Editors have a set of roles that give them access to certain site areas. 

We have enabled google analytics, which is tracking every page in our website. 

We would like to configure the google analytics add-in so that editors can add the gadget in their dashboards, but once added they can only see the tracking data collected from their allowed site areas. 

For instance, we can create views in google analytics, one for each site area, and then configure the GA gadget in episerver by selecting the desired view as a profile in the "Account & Profile" config menu.

But of course, all editors can do this freely, which is not what we want. What would be nice is that the profile dropdown in the gadget config were somehow customizable so that only allowed views (i.e., allowed site areas) were available for select.

Is it possible to do so with the GA add-in? If not, is there a way to extend or modify the add-in to support this functionality? 

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dani

Edited, Apr 27, 2017 17:33
Vote:

I don't think it's possible and also I think the add-in has very limited plugin possibilities for changing behaviour.

Apr 28, 2017 12:39
Vote:

Ok, thank you,

- Dani

Edited, Apr 28, 2017 14:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.