Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

On-prem load balancer problem (Front-webs doesn't fetch new content).

Vote:

I have a client that has one edit-server and two front-servers in an on-prem load balancing environment. The three servers are VMs in an azure environment (so setup in IIS).

We have configured an azure service bus for events and I've registered the service via this snippet in Startup.cs (Episerver.Azure)

services.AddAzureEventProvider(o =>
{
   o.ConnectionString = "EPiServerAzureEvents";
   o.TopicName = "Topic";
});

We can see that the service bus receives messages from the three servers but when I publish new content on the edit-server the front-servers aren't updated with the new content so the cache doesn't invalidate.

Is there something I'm missing? Or doesn't AzureEventProvider work with on-prem environments?

Sep 01, 2023 10:35
Vote:

I would check to see the queue - does the queues for the two front-servers get consumed? or messages keep building up? 

Sep 01, 2023 14:05
Alexander Wagner - Sep 01, 2023 14:38
Thanks, I'll ask them. I'm not in control over the azure environments unfortunately.
Vote:

They can see active message count for the two front servers, but still nothing happens. I'm not certain if that means that the messages gets consumed or not though.

Sep 05, 2023 7:39
Quan Mai - Sep 05, 2023 11:35
does it keep raising or decreasing? can you peek at some of the messages to see when they were sent?
Alexander Wagner - Sep 06, 2023 7:35
I got this from them just now (still nothing happens when i edit a page):
Now we could see active message count for both the front-server – in the respective service bus topic subscription.
Also message counts keeps changing based on the requests , please let us know if you need any additional details on the same.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.