Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Issue with Azure AD Backend / Asp.NET Frontend Authentication provider (CMS 12, Commerce 14)

Vote:

I would like to build a login function with AzureAD for backend users and AspNetCore Identity for front-end users. I have followed the steps:

• POC on the Foundation .NET 5 version: https://github.com/episerver/Foundation/tree/net5
  • Run the foundation project and sign up a new account on the front-end: customer1@example.com
  • Following guide: https://world.optimizely.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/security/integrate-azure-ad-using-openid-connect/
    • Install Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.OpenIdConnect version 5.014
    • Comment out services.AddOpenIDConnect with "postman" block code
    • Add connect to AzureAD with an option (on app setting) that allow me to turn on/off this function.
  • //services.AddOpenIDConnect<SiteUser>(options =>
                //{
                //    //options.RequireHttps = !_webHostingEnvironment.IsDevelopment();
                //    var application = new OpenIDConnectApplication()
                //    {
                //        ClientId = "postman-client",
                //        ClientSecret = "postman",
                //        Scopes =
                //        {
                //            ContentDeliveryApiOptionsDefaults.Scope,
                //            ContentManagementApiOptionsDefaults.Scope,
                //            ContentDefinitionsApiOptionsDefaults.Scope,
                //        }
                //    };

//    // Using Postman for testing purpose.
                //    // The authorization code is sent to postman after successful authentication.
                //    application.RedirectUris.Add(new Uri("https://oauth.pstmn.io/v1/callback"));
                //    options.Applications.Add(application);
                //    options.AllowResourceOwnerPasswordFlow = true;
                //});

var azureAdConfigSection = _configuration.GetSection("AzureAd");
                var enableAzureAd = azureAdConfigSection.GetValue<bool>("EnableAzureAd");
                if (enableAzureAd)
                {
                    services.AddAuthentication(options =>
                    {
                        options.DefaultAuthenticateScheme = CookieAuthenticationDefaults.AuthenticationScheme;
                        options.DefaultChallengeScheme = OpenIdConnectDefaults.AuthenticationScheme;
                    })
                    .AddCookie()
                    .AddOpenIdConnect(
                        options =>
                        {
                            options.SignInScheme = CookieAuthenticationDefaults.AuthenticationScheme;
                            options.ClientId = azureAdConfigSection.GetValue<string>("ClientId");
                            options.Authority = "https://login.microsoftonline.com/" + azureAdConfigSection.GetValue<string>("TenantId") + "/v2.0";
                            options.CallbackPath = "/signin-oidc";
                            options.Scope.Add("email");

options.TokenValidationParameters = new TokenValidationParameters
                            {
                                ValidateIssuer = false,
                                RoleClaimType = ClaimTypes.Role,
                                NameClaimType = ClaimTypes.Email
                            };

options.Events.OnAuthenticationFailed = context =>
                            {
                                context.HandleResponse();
                                context.Response.BodyWriter.WriteAsync(Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(context.Exception.Message));
                                return Task.FromResult(0);
                            };

options.Events.OnTokenValidated = (ctx) =>
                            {
                                var redirectUri = new Uri(ctx.Properties.RedirectUri, UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute);
                                if (redirectUri.IsAbsoluteUri)
                                {
                                    ctx.Properties.RedirectUri = redirectUri.PathAndQuery;
                                }
                                //    
                                //Sync user and the roles to EPiServer in the background
                                ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<ISynchronizingUserService>().SynchronizeAsync(ctx.Principal.Identity as ClaimsIdentity);
                                return Task.FromResult(0);
                            };
                        });
                }

Result of "enabled" Azure AD:

• Successfully log in with my Azure AD account for backend (https://localhost:44397/episerver/cms)
  • But, cannot log in on the font-end with the registered user "customer1@example.com". I have already tested on a new browser, for example, incognito. Here is the details:

When debugging I see that User.Identity.IsAuthenticated is always false after SignInManager SignIn:

Otherwise, if I disable Azure AD, we can get all claim and User.Identity.IsAuthenticated = true.  And we can log in front-end as normal.

Could you please take a look at the issue on the front-end login with AspNetCore Identity if I turn on the login backend with AzureAD?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance...

Edited, Feb 17, 2022 7:58
Vote:

Authenication schemes work differently in net5.0 Please see Use multiple authentication schemes

Feb 17, 2022 23:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.