Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EpiServer 9.5.1.0 - TinyMCE tinymce.dom.event.add is not a function

Vote:

Hello!

I have created a custom plugin for the tinyMCE editor. My plugin needs to open a popup for user input which means the html loads tiny_mce_popup.js. However this js contains faulty code and generates an error: typeerror tinymce.dom.event.add is not a function.

As far as i understand, this is fixed in the TinyMCE version 4.01b : Replaced all events to use the more common .on/off() methods instead of ..add/remove.

Source: http://archive.tinymce.com/develop/changelog/?type=tinymce

So I checked what version we were runing of TinyMCE (which is from EPiServer 7.2? included in the CMS-module) and it was version 3.5.11.

When are you planning to update the built in TinyMCE in the CMS-module? or is it possible to update this myself?

Now I tried to do some research on this and this is pretty much what Ive got:

Up until EPiServer 7.2 (I think) it was possible to change/fix some small things(like this one) because the TinyMCE-files were located in the util directory. In EPiServer 7.2 (I think) the TinyMCE-files are placed into the CMS-module. It might be possible to override the TinyMCE files, but that however is not an optimal solution.

I apologize if some of the information is not correct or that I missunderstod something.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter! //Oscar

Mar 02, 2016 15:32
Vote:

Anyone?

Still have the same version of TinyMCE (3.5.11) in the newest version of the CMS-module 9.7.2 so my questions remain.. :)

Mar 14, 2016 15:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.