Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Page Output caching

Vote:

Hi I need some information about how the clear cache works in EPiServer. I found the following in EPiServer SDK, but I want to now if I understand it correctly. "A template in EPiServer may consist of information from multiple pages and EPiServer has no way of controlling these complex dependencies. So when a new version of a page is published in EPiServer, all output-cached content will be invalidated causing the next request to create a new output cached version." Does this means that if I have 4 web sites that have the same EPiServer database, will a change to a page on one of those sites clear the cache for all pages on all sites? Our own tests shows that the cache are cleared from all sites, but this could be due to error in our setup. Thats way I need a clarification on this matter. Thanks, Jorgen
Dec 20, 2006 14:31
Vote:

My first reaction is that it's not controlled by the database so using the same database is not the cause. But if you have the applications on the same machine I could imagine some cases that could make them interfere with each other. If they share the same "application pool" in IIS there might be a possibility that low level static variables are shared and the string containing the cache version number might be one (VersionKey on the CacheManager). I don't know this it's just a thougth. Anyway that is the variable changing every time someone publishes a page and thereby invalidates the cache. /HAXEN
Dec 22, 2006 14:00
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.