XForms

Vote:
 
Hi. Is there any known issues with Xforms? I'm trying to convert some forms on a multi language site, but I only receive alot of errors. When I actually do get a form to work (able to get it up in the form editor and save it), I never get to view it. I get the following error: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] development.Templates.Units.Form.Page_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499 Frank :(
#17385
Mar 25, 2008 19:32
Vote:
 
Hello Frank-Ove! I just wrote a faq that describes how to convert old forms to new forms on a site: http://www.episerver.com/templates/faq____4054.aspx
#18116
Mar 25, 2008 19:42
Vote:
 
I am having a similar problem while trying to convert old forms (in 4.41) to xforms (in 4.51). The website I am trying to do the conversion on is a test site, and I have only one very simple form, containing only two labels and two text fields. When I try do do the actual conversion in Admin, I get the following error message: Stack Trace: [XmlException: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'NAME'. Line 1, position 222.] System.Xml.XmlTextReader.SetAttributeValues() +323 System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseElement() +138 System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() +94 System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadNoCollectTextToken() +38 System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() +14 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadChildren(XmlNode parent) +33 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadElementNode() +144 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() +38 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadChildren(XmlNode parent) +47 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadElementNode() +144 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() +38 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadChildren(XmlNode parent) +47 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadElementNode() +144 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() +38 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadChildren(XmlNode parent) +47 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadElementNode() +144 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() +38 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadChildren(XmlNode parent) +47 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadElementNode() +144 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() +38 System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) +49 System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +102 System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +72 System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) +163 EPiServer.Admin.ConvertFormToXform.ConvertForm2Xform(Int32 formId) +276 EPiServer.Admin.ConvertFormToXform.Convert(Object sender, EventArgs e) +206 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292 We want to be able to upgrade to xforms in our production environment. Any suggestions on what might be the cause of the error.
#18117
Mar 25, 2008 19:42
Vote:
 
I get the exact same error trying to convert an existing form to Xform (except different line numbers :) I Am not sure in which version of EPiServer the form was originally created.
#18118
Mar 25, 2008 19:42
Vote:
 
After having done some testing with different forms I noticed that it appears to be only forms containing textboxes that won't convert. I suspect a bug...
#18119
Mar 25, 2008 19:42
Vote:
 
I reported this as a bug and found out that it is a known issue, id 42374. There is however workaround: convert the form on a 4.50 site, then import the form into the 4.51 site. I haven't yet tried this myself, so I don't know how well it works.
#18120
Mar 25, 2008 19:42