Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic Properties

Vote:

Hi. I've created a new dynamic property TestProperty, of type String. I have problems with the child pages. In the EPiServer 4.30 English sample site: 1. Under the page News (under Inspiration), I set my TestProperty to "testvalue" 2. I check the checkbox to set all child pages to also set the specified value 3. If I now look at the child pages' dynamic property, it has the indicator (^) telling that it has the value set from the parent page 4. I go back to the News page, and then clear the property. TestProperty is blank. I also check the child pages, and their indicator is now set to ?, which means no value is set for the property 5. So far so good... 6. Now, on the News page, I set my TestProperty to "testvalue". again 7. This time I leave the checkbox to set all child pages clear. I don't want the child pages to have this value set 8. But if I now look at the child pages' dynamic property, it has the indicator set to ^, which means that it has the value set from the parent page, even though I didn't check for this Is it supposed to act this way? I'm using version 4.30 Thanks=O)
Jun 10, 2004 16:26
Vote:

This is intended, and by design. The checkbox is only for you to force a new value to replace any different values that might have been defined below the page in the hierarchy. Root - Dynamic prop set to "test0" Inspiration - Dynamic prop inherits "test0" News - Dynamic prop set to "test1" News 1 - Dynamic prop inherits "test1" News 2 - Dynamic prop inherits "test1" If you change the root to have the value "test2", and DO NOT tick the checkbox - it will look like this: Root - Dynamic prop set to "test2" Inspiration - Dynamic prop inherits "test2" News - Dynamic prop set to "test1" News 1 - Dynamic prop inherits "test1" News 2 - Dynamic prop inherits "test1" If you do the same, but tick the check box: Root - Dynamic prop set to "test2" Inspiration - Dynamic prop inherits "test2" News - Dynamic prop set to "test2" News 1 - Dynamic prop inherits "test2" News 2 - Dynamic prop inherits "test2" Steve
Jun 10, 2004 16:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.