Example of saving batch of products to DB using ICatalogSystem

Vote:

I am trying to wrap my head around creating a list of products that should be persisted to DB in a batch. The list will easily consist of thousands of products. 

I was looking into possibility to use ICatalogSystem and CatalogEntryDto's data table and ran into so many questions on handling relations and multi language content. There is no clear example on the blogs, so I was wondering if there is someone who has experience on this matter?

Any insight is more than welcome.

Jan 29, 2020 15:15
Vote:

Hi Quan and thanks for insight. There is no way for us to upgrade to that version in next couple of months. Many integrations prohibit that at the moment. I was kinda hopping to solve it (for now) with help of ICatalogSystem based on one of your earlier answers on some thread. You've explained that basically CatalogEntryDto is a data table and could hold many rows before persising it to the data base.

Feb 13, 2020 8:13
Vote:

CatalogEntryDto only holds basic information, you still need to save the MetaObject(s). It can be quite complicated 

Feb 13, 2020 9:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.