Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Copied page automatically published

Vote:

Hi,

We have the issue in production environment that if an existing Variant is copy-pasted as a duplicate, it gets automatically published (I think this is already an issue), but an even bigger issue is that the published variant would fail the validation - in our case we have a regular expression validation for Code, and Episerver had generated a Code which does not meet the Regex.

Is it possible to change this behavior, so it does not get published? I also think it is a bug that is gets published without validation.

Related thread in CMS is: https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2016/12/copied-page-automatically-published/ But mentioned solution does not work for Commerce 12.14.

Thank you in advance.

May 24, 2019 11:22
Vote:

Thanks for your feedback, we will look into this. 

May 26, 2019 22:40
Vote:

After looking into this I can confirm that the behavior is consistent with what we have in CMS (the copied page is published and that is without validation), so we decide to not fix this issue.

Jul 29, 2019 18:19
Vote:

Thanks for your answer. As a workaround I revalidate the content on access.
Jul 29, 2019 21:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.