Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

[11.8.5] Custom LineItem implementation for serializedcart?

Vote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any hints about the steps needed to implement a custom LineItem (for serialized carts)?

I would like to have a custom LineItem class, with properties for various things (to make it simpler to use than using ...Properties[".."] as string, etc.), what needs to be changed/coded to make ICart.CreateLineItem() return an instance of my custom LineItem class, etc?

I tried inheriting from the Mediachase.Commerce.Orders.LineItem class, and registering the new class in ecf.order.config, but I get an exception about EPiServer.Commerce.Order.Internal.SerializableLineItem not being castable to my custom line item class.

Jul 12, 2018 14:56
Vote:

SerializableCart is different so the settings in ecf.order.config do not apply. I haven't tried it but I think you would have to extend SerializableLineItem (yes, it is supposed an internal class) and read/write to Properties from your properites.

Jul 13, 2018 10:01
Vote:

I think think it would be "safer" in the long run to just go ahead and create extension methods for ILineItem (ore maybe IExtendedProperties) and not be dependent on a specific implementation.

Thank you (again) for you help! :)

Jul 16, 2018 10:23
Vote:

The biggest problem with the extension methods are that they are harder to test.

You can do something like this:

public static void SetProperty(Hashtable properties, string name, object value)
		{
			properties[name.ToLower()] = value;
		}

Then you would be able to call it on any lineitem to save the value:

SetLineItemProperty(lineItem, nameof(CartItemModel.IsDirectDeliveryProduct), model.IsDirectDeliveryProduct);

Be careful with arrays though, since they are not supported by Episerver.

Jul 16, 2018 12:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.