Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Failed to execute script because validation failed: 'Not an EPiServer CMS database'

Vote:

Hi! 

I'm having this strange error message while trying to start Commerce Manager site: Failed to execute script because validation failed: 'Not an EPiServer CMS database'. On the CMS side everything seems to work as expected. Am I missing something obvious here? 

Episerver CMS 10.10 and Commerce 10.7.3.

Jul 26, 2017 11:15
Vote:

Have it been started before? Have you just upgraded it?

Jul 26, 2017 12:47
Vote:

It looks like there are some SQL upgrade scripts on the CMS database for the Commerce packages that check if the tblContentType table exists, otherwise spits out that error message. Perhaps double check the connection string, making sure it's the same CMS database the CMS site is using. Or use SQL Profiler when getting this message, to see what query gives the error and debug further from there.

Jul 26, 2017 12:52
Vote:

That was it. Connection strings. Thanks for pointing me into right direction!

This is a fresh installation and I did move the local databases to server, but I didn't know Commerce Manager does have it's own connection strings and I didn't update those to use DBs on the server...

Jul 26, 2017 13:46
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.