Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access denied to Commerce Manager

Vote:

Hi!

I accedently removed the "admin" account and now I'm having trouble to login. I have created a user in the AspNetUser and added the person to "Administrators" group in the AspNetUserRoles.
If i reset the iis I can log in with that user, but if I log out and the login with a different user with the same roles the "Access denied" is shown. Once this is shown I can't get away. I try to login as the other user again but then I get the "Access denied" with out the possibility to login again.

I don't get it. What is the right way to create a user with full access to the Commerce Manager?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Apr 05, 2016 14:50
Vote:

I am using the latest Quicksilver version

Apr 05, 2016 14:52
Vote:

You can switch to windows authentication. and create an administrator

Apr 05, 2016 15:57
Vote:

Hi,

You should not manipulate the roles or permissions directly in SQL Server. In your case, make sure to add your newly created administrative user to Administrators, WebAdmins and WebEditors in CMS/Access Rights/Search User/Group. Search for that user and add it to those groups.

Regards,

/Q

Apr 06, 2016 15:44
Vote:

Hmm, this is strange.
If I add a user using the CMS user interface and add the person to the Administrator group I cannot login to the Commerce Manager.
If I add a user with the same username using this plugin:

http://sveinaandahl.blogspot.no/2015/08/admin-tool-for-aspnet-identity.html

I can suddenly log in to the Manager. So it looks like the Authentication are use new AspNet but the Auhtorization is using the Asp_Net tables and roles connected to a user with the same username in CMS.
Maybe a miss in my configuration or something?

/Kristoffer

Apr 07, 2016 14:52
Vote:

That's even more strange. Which version of Commerce are you using?

/Q

Apr 07, 2016 15:25
Vote:

We have a regular Quicksilver installation for demo purpose here: http://quicksilver.authoritycloudhosting.com.
I tried to add a regular user today but I could not access the Commerce Manager. Please feel free to try on your own. You can use the regular Quicksilver credentials.

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Apr 07, 2016 17:46
Vote:

Yes we are currently working on being able to edit user details and add roles for any authenitcation provider in cms admin mode.  For now you must use the plugin you mentioned above.  

Apr 08, 2016 11:08
Vote:

That is good. Do you need to add the user in both places to be able to access Commererce Manager as the solution is built today?

Thanks Mark!

/Kristoffer

Apr 08, 2016 11:11
Vote:

No should only have to add to identity roles if commerce manager is setup to use identity to like quicksilver is.  If you added in the database you probably need to iisreset becasue entity framework identity uses alot of caching

Apr 08, 2016 11:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.