Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding Commerce 7.5 to existing site, missing required parameter $properties.Site.ExternalFilesPath

Vote:

I am trying to add Commerce 7.5 to an existing EPiServer 7.5 CMS site.

I use the deployment center and setup the database and Commerce Manager site, and start the install.

It almost immedately fails with: Missing required parameter $properties.Site.ExternalFilesPath that should point to the appdata folder

Any ideas what I am missing here?

The full log for the install, as far as I get.

Begin-EPiBulkInstall transaction of Commerce installation
Started a transacted install
Installing Common Framework features to site 
C:\Users\andreasj\Projects\episite\site\wwwroot

Install Common Framework on selected site
productPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Framework\7.5.394.2\
installedVersion: 7.6.3.0
frameworkVersion: 7.5.394.2

An unhandled error has occured:
Missing required parameter $properties.Site.ExternalFilesPath that should point
 to the appdata folder.
When executing

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Framework\7.5.394.2\Install\System Scripts\
Install Site (SqlServer).ps1:202 char:14
+         throw <><><><  (New-Object ArgumentException('Missing required parameter
 $properties.Site.ExternalFilesPath that should point to the appdata folder.'))

True
=
Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling
An error has occured and the transaction will be rolled back
Rolledback
===in trapping ex ===
An unhandled error has occured:
Missing required parameter $properties.Site.ExternalFilesPath that should point
 to the appdata folder.
When executing

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Framework\7.5.394.2\Install\System Scripts\
Install Site (SqlServer).ps1:202 char:14
+         throw <><><><  (New-Object ArgumentException('Missing required parameter
 $properties.Site.ExternalFilesPath that should point to the appdata folder.'))
inTransaction = False
Deleting Commerce Manager site folder C:\EPiServer\episitecommerce\wwwroot
Deleting Commerce Manager ExternalFiles C:\EPiServer\episitecommerce\eCommerceFra
mework\5.3\
Deleting Commerce Manager database 
episitecommerce
Started a transacted install
The database episitecommerce was not deleted because it did not exist
Entering commit phase
Committed

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Framework\7.5.394.2\Install\System Scripts\Install Site (SqlServer).ps1:202 char:14
+         throw <><><><  (New-Object ArgumentException('Missing required parameter $properties.Site.ExternalFilesPath that should point to the appdata folder.'))
System.ArgumentException: Missing required parameter $properties.Site.ExternalFilesPath that should point to the appdata folder.

Dec 05, 2014 16:15
Vote:

Hi,

In Modules section of Deployment center, there's a module named "Install EPiServer Commerce 7.5.394.2", which installs EPiServer Commerce database, Commerce Manager site and related assemblies and configs. You should only have to run that script (and point to your CMS 7.5 site) instead of separated steps as you mentioned.

Regards.

/Q

Dec 08, 2014 4:19
Vote:

This is how I try to add the EPiServer Commerce module to my existing website.

• In deployment center I choose Install EPiServer Commerce 7.5.354.2
  • I select to install both EPiServer Commerce core and Commerce Manager
  • No site is listed to install, Show All Sites and select my EPiServer site I want to add Commerce to, EPiServer.CMS is at version 7.6.3
  • Setup database settings for Commerce Manager, use all default values
  • Setup website for Commerce Manager site, use all default values
  • Setup shared files for Commerce Manager, use default (C:\EPiServer\EPiServerCommerceManager\eCommerceFramework\5.3\)

Doing this I get the error I mention, missing ExternalFilesPath.

I see no other options to get commerce installed for the existing site.

Edited, Dec 08, 2014 11:42
Vote:

Hi,

So the problem is now more complicated. Deployment center does not support the case of install EPiServer Commerce 7.5 to an updated CMS site (in your case, 7.6.3) very well. 

We're about to releasing a package which allow you to install EPiServer Commerce without deployment center, so if you are not in a hurry, we suggest to wait for that. (You will need to update to latest nuget packages and that also means .NET 4.5)

If it is not the case, then my suggestion is to install a blank Commerce 7.5 site (Install new CMS 7.5 site and choose Commerce as module), update it to the version you want to use (we always recommend to use latest version), copy your files over, then update the connection string. That requires some manual steps but should be quite easy.

Regards.

/Q

Dec 09, 2014 4:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.