Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Configuring Geta NotFound redirects in multisite environment

Vote:

Hi - Does anyone have any guidance on how to configure Geta NotFound redirects for use in a multisite environment (CMS 12)? Or an alternate approach to handle this scenario?

Apr 23, 2024 17:11
Vote:

Hello Brian,

Are you looking for redirects to be filtered by site you want them to apply to? if this is the case, the module doesn't work like that.

If you want your redirects to operate for a specific domain, then add the redirects as absolute redirects instead of relative redirects.  You will then at least be able to filter by host name.

Apr 24, 2024 7:34
Vote:

Thanks for jumping in Mark! That was my first thought as well. However, absolute redirects don't work when entering them into the redirect list. Am I making a mistake in the below or is there a configuration setting I need to enable?

Apr 24, 2024 14:48
Vote:

Absolute URLs are working for me, I haven't done any unique setup/configuration.

Just to make sure -- https://www.myseite.com/redirect/a/ (from your example) is a page that does not exist in the CMS, right? The handler will only redirect if the original path returns 404.

(If you want to redirect an existing page, you can do that via the "Settings" tab for the page in the CMS.)

Apr 24, 2024 20:18
Vote:

It will be as Daniel shared. Geta NotFound Handler only applies it's rules when the requested URL would otherwise result in a 404 response.

if the requested URL exists on a content path. Then you should either expire that content or set its shortcut.

Apr 24, 2024 20:23
Vote:

Thanks All!

Apr 24, 2024 23:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.