Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Help me understand how inline editing is triggered

Vote:

When editing a page using On-Page Editing mode and clicking on a string property you'd either get "inline editing" right there on the page, or a modal window appears with a form field for you to use. What exactly are the conditions for "inline editing" to work? Just using a standard MVC project with the property being rendered in a razor view using the @Html.PropertyFor() helper will yield "inline editing" for me (CMS 11). However using CMS 12 with a different approach (decoupled frontend, nextjs application) I cannot get the CMS to give me inline editing, it will only give me the "floating" modal variant. From what I've gathered the attribute 

data-epi-edit

should be the equivalent of setting 

data-epi-property-name="YourProperty" data-epi-property-render="none" data-epi-property-edittype="floating"

and I want to get edittype="inline" so I tried setting my elements to

data-epi-property-name="YourProperty" data-epi-property-edittype="inline"

but no matter what I try the result is still "floating". 

Also why would data-epi-edit default to "floating", isn't "inline" editing the preferred UX for editors?

Any ideas on how I can achieve inline editing in my decoupled project?

Jul 05, 2023 13:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.