Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Revisited: Image alt text when dragging and dropping an image into TinyMCE

Vote:

Hello all,

I would like to be able to drop/insert a media image into a TinyMCE editor and have the alt text that is defined within the media image copied to the associated XhtmlString.

There is an old post from 2020 (same subject) where I believe the poster was asking for the same.  There were numerous solutions suggested, but none were accepted answers.  Only Tomas' answer came close, but the acknowledged problems were probably too much.

During our CMS-12 migration regression testing, newly visible publish warnings of missing alt text has us seeking a solution.  I have read many forum and blog posts.  I really don't want to put an override of rendering, nor am I looking to at suppressing validation.

Has anything new come along since the original June 2020 post?  Or any new solutions?  Breaking the link between the original image alt text and the XhtmlString content is acceptable.

Thanks, Kevin

Dec 19, 2023 19:43
Vote:

Hello Kevin, I've written a blog post that might assist you. Check it out at https://www.adnanzameer.com/2024/01/improving-alt-text-for-images-within.html   

Jan 19, 2024 16:16
Kevin Gainey - Jan 19, 2024 16:52
Thanks Adnan! I quickly glanced at it, and I'll look into it more when I have bandwidth.
Quick question: I expressed concern above of overriding rendering. How "expensive" is your solution? Any performance testing? We use XhtmlString properties a lot!
Adnan Zameer - Jan 22, 2024 10:28
It is highly lightweight and should not cause any performance concerns. I used MiniProfilerto to check the load times
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.