Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installing recommendations packages to .Net Core 6 solution

Vote:

I'm working on adding the recommendation feature to my project we are using .Net core 6 with a customized commerce v14 and CMS v12 all packages can be installed but I tried to install these two packages 

• EPiServer.Profiles.Client. Main package for tracking of an Optimizely site to Optimizely Profile store.
  • EPiServer.Profiles.Client.Common. Contains common classes used by other packages

I found out that these two packages depend on .NetFramework Version 4.6.1 My question is whether there are any packages that replace those two?

Oct 30, 2023 13:33
Vote:

From the docs

In addition to onboarding the service, install the following NuGet packages for the tracking and personalization (recommendations) features:

• EPiServer.Find.Personalization. Native integrations search recommendations (Personalized Search & Navigation).
  • EPiServer.Personalization. Integrates Personalization UI (Optimizely Product Recommendations and Optimizely Email Product Recommendations) with the Optimizely top menu.
  • EPiServer.Personalization.Commerce. Native integrations for product recommendations.
  • EPiServer.Personalization.Common. Common base API classes.
  • EPiServer.Profiles.Client. Main package for tracking of an Optimizely site to Optimizely Profile Store.
  • EPiServer.Profiles.Client.Common. Contains common classes used by other packages.
  • EPiServer.Tracking.Cms. CMS integration for tracking of data.
  • EPiServer.Tracking.Commerce. Commerce integration for tracking (Optimizely Product Recommendations and Optimizely Email Product Recommendations, Optimizely Profile Store, Personalized Search & Navigation).
  • EPiServer.Tracking.Core. Generic package for tracking.
  • EPiServer.Tracking.PageView. Native integration for tracking of Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) and content data to Optimizely Profile Store.

Read more at Install and configure recommendations (optimizely.com)

Oct 30, 2023 13:59
Vote:

For recommendations only, you can just install EPiServer.Personalization.Commerce and nuget should take care of the dependencies for you 

Oct 30, 2023 14:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.