I have an Episerver CMS 9 site that works fine except for the fact that I can't access CMS because all I get is a "page not found" error. (See below). "Modules" map exists and contains all three .zip files that contain Episervers files. Episerver.Framework config section in web.config looks correct as well.. Does anybody have any tips on what could be causing the problem? Thanks in advance
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested URL: /Util/login.aspx
Have you made changes in web.config that "hides" folders from episerver? Maybe a rewrite rule or something like that?
No, no changes at all. The project has recently been upgraded to CMS 9 though, (by another developer) so I wonder if this could have caused the problem..
Think it was easier to troubleshoot this type of errors in earlier versions when you installed Episerver on the computer. Right now it's like a black box kind of, so I don't really know where to look. All the relative paths look correct in web.config as far as I can see..
I found the problem. There were two zip files missing in the "modules" folder . "Shell.zip" and "CMS.zip" were missing but "EPiServer.Shell.UI.zip" and
"EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.zip" exist, so that's why I didn't notice anything wrong at first.
The solution was to re-install Episerver via Nuget, which re-created all the needed files.
Hope it helps somebody!