Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hosting Custom ASMX within EPiServer 6

Vote:

Hi all,

This is my first post, as we've just started using EPiServer as our main CMS platform. I'm having an issue converting a legacy site to EPiServer, the legacy site hosts two ASMX web services in the root of the site. I've added these files in but I can't seem to be able to browse to them.

Is there any configuration I need to do to access these correctly or set them up to run off a specific URL in the site without being processed through the EPIserver engine.

Thanks in advance for all help,

Kevin

Jan 10, 2012 7:46
Vote:

Hi Kevin,

There shouldn't be a problem getting webservices to work with EPiServer. We actually ship our own webservices ("/webservices") which are available from the start.

I would recommend you to take a look at their configuration in web.config as they have their own location element (webservices) and do something similar with yours. 

Jan 10, 2012 8:35
Vote:

Like Toni said make sure your web.config is correct. I would create a new web application project in Visual Studio using same .NET version that your CMS site is using and compare the two web.config files, look in the handlers section. Also remember that the web.config is different for IIS 6 and IIS 7. You can also post the content of your web.config here and we can take a look.

Frederik

Jan 10, 2012 18:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.