Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Where to set CurrentPage["LoginPage"]

Vote:

In the AlloyTech sample code, inside the GetLoginUrl()method, there's this code:

PageReference loginPageRef = CurrentPage["LoginPage"] as PageReference;

How do you set that CurrentPage["LoginPage"] ? How does it get resolved?

Thanks.

May 25, 2011 9:00
Vote:

If it is a method in a base class or similar, LoginPage is probably a dynamic property.

May 25, 2011 9:30
Vote:

Hi Magnus,

Yes, LoginPage is a dynamic property. But how do I set it? From what I've read, dynamic properties are set/read via code. I search for all instances of "LoginPage" on the solution but all I got is just that one (gets the value). I can't find anywhere in the code which sets the value.

Or is it somehow set on the (edit mode) properties of the page? I checked the page and there's no LoginPage property there. Sorry, still getting my head with EPiServer

May 26, 2011 1:51
Vote:

Found it! If you go to the Edit Mode of your Start page and click on the Dynamic properties button on the top menu, you could see the settings of all dynamic properties there.

It's not intuitive for beginners like me, good thing I was able to search a similar thread Looking for the SearchPage instead.

Thanks.

May 26, 2011 3:39
Vote:

It is common for devs to be a bit lost around the edit and admin features, that is evident from the certification tests taken by dev where those questions, while basic, are often answered incorrectly.

I suggest you read through the edit and admin manuals at least once to know the basics of those areas as well:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Categories/Products/EPiServer-CMS/

May 26, 2011 7:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.