Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom editor plugin for creating popup links in EPiServer CMS 4 and 6

Vote:

A customer who is still using EPiServer 4.62 wants an easy way to insert popup links into the XHTML editor. I have created a lovely plugin that converts ordinary links to popup links, however the customer wants to be able to select the page to open in the popup directly in this custom dialog. I then had a look at the code for the Link Properties dialog (HyperlinkProperties.aspx and HyperlinkProperties.js) and I modified my plugin so that it uses an EPiServer:InputPageReference control for selecting a page. So far I am getting the ID for the selected page, but I want a link instead. Looking at the code for the Link Properties dialog I haven't been able to figure out how to achieve this without using a postback, which is not an option in a modal dialog.

I found this question in the forum, Adding onclick javascript code to links, and the reply from Johan Olofsson didn't give me much hope. Is what I am trying to do doable? Has anyone done this who would like to share a code sample?

In a different project we need to do something similar in EPiServer CMS 6 using the TintMCE editor. Are there any available code samples and/or documentation that could be helpful?

Thanx

Apr 01, 2011 9:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.