Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems when configuring and using 404handler module from coderesort

Vote:

Hello!

Some days ago i downloaded and installed the 404handler module for CMS 6, IIS 7, from https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/wiki/404Handler. I have followed the documentation available on coderesort and configured the module accordingly. However when i run the site I get an error because the assembly "BVNetwork.FileNotFound.RedirectGadget" is missing, and when i checked the bin folder I confirmed that only BVNetwork.EPi404.dll is copied there.
Can anybody point me in the right direction to fix this error and get the module working?
Thanks!

/Kenia

Dec 14, 2011 11:42
Vote:

Hi!

Not sure why the .dll wasn't copied on install but you could try the following:

BVN.404Handler.cms6.iis7.epimodule is a zip folder, so open it with winrar or any other program, and then go to the bin folder of the archive and extract the BVNetwork.FileNotFound.RedirectGadget.dll. Once extracted put it in the bin-folder of your site. 

Edited, Dec 15, 2011 9:11
Vote:

Hello!

Well i had already done that, but with no success 'cause the DLL doesn't exist on the zip installer. The only two files contained in it are BVNetwork.EPi404.dll and BVNetwork.EPi404.pdb. My installers name however is 404Handler.1.2.epimodule, not BVN.404Handler.cms6.iis7.epimodule like the one you mention. Maybe i don't have the right one? if so, where can i get it from? 'cause i downloaded this one from the project page on coderesort.
Thanks for your time and help,

/Kenia

Dec 20, 2011 9:32
Vote:

I tried downloading it from this page and I see the dll:

https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/wiki/404Handler/Download

Choose "Module install package for EPiServer Deployment Center". 

Dec 20, 2011 10:07
Vote:

Strange, it seems i had downloaded a complete different file. Well, but i see the DLL now, thanks!

/Kenia

Dec 20, 2011 10:51
Vote:

I have installed BVN.404Handler on an CMS 6 project which runs on IIS 7 and .Net Framework v4.0. I get the error when I start the project in VS2010

1) The export 'BVNetwork.FileNotFound.CustomRedirects.CustomRedirectInitialization (ContractName="EPiServer.Framework.IInitializableModule")' is not assignable to type 'EPiServer.Framework.IInitializableModule'.

Resulting in: Cannot set import 'EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Modules (ContractName="EPiServer.Framework.IInitializableModule")' on part 'EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine'.
Element: EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Modules (ContractName="EPiServer.Framework.IInitializableModule") -->  EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine

I have done the workaround under http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/EPiServer-CMS-60-now-supporting-ASPNET-40/, in the step 6 it points to right "CMS's dll" for System.ComponentModel.Composition.dll. The dll which has been installed on my PC, has the product version 2009.22.10.0. I am not sure whether it is right DLL.

I appreciate any pointers.

Mar 26, 2012 16:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.