Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding a new tab

Vote:

Hi all,

I have an episerver project that requires a completely different system implementing, i would like to make this system look and feel like EpiServer, thus i would like to put the link to the system next to the "Start | CMS" tabs,

I have looked into plugins, is that the correct route to go down? also is there a way to make my system look like episerver?

thanks in advance

Dec 08, 2010 13:29
Vote:

Hi

Added a new item to the top menu shouldn't be too hard. Look at the "Extending the Navigation" in the document below on how to do that.

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-60/OnlineCenter-Developer-Documentation/#ExtendingNavigation

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer Development Team

Dec 08, 2010 14:49
Vote:

thank you thats a great pointer, i have made a test module and registered it in the web.config but cant seem to find anywhere where the attribute [MenuItem] is referenced.

Im guessing there is another reference i need to add? before i hunt around i dont suppose anyone knows?

Thanks 

Dec 08, 2010 15:42
Vote:

It should be EPiServer.Shell that you need to reference.

/Per

Dec 08, 2010 15:49
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.