Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

start page for episerver based web site

Vote:

Hi! Plase help me with a small problem: I have a website project built with episerver and has no idea what page is the default page of this site (there is no Dafault.aspx in project).

Please provide me with the right solution or url with solution.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 27, 2009 15:55
Vote:

You set the start page in your web.config file under sitesettings. To find out where the template file is located go to admin mode, page types, choose the page type, then under settings you'll find the path to the template file (.aspx).

Hope this helps.

Jul 27, 2009 17:51
Vote:

Thanks Frederik!

But I can't actually start site even in admin mode =( In debug mode there is an null reference exception while calling EPiServer.Web.FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider heppens. That's all I have for this moment.

Jul 27, 2009 19:25
Vote:

Can you check in web.confg for pageStartId="3" . This will give you the idea what is the start page for your website.

Can you log-in to admin / edit mode ? If you can, the first thing you would see is the start page and you could get the start page PageType from the Editor.

Hope it resolove your issue.

Jul 29, 2009 11:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.