Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForm error when importing package

Vote:

Hi there

I tried to perform a package import which contains a page that has an xform property and the property has a xform defined.

However an error is returned

"Failed to save form "Form name not extracted"

Which is then followed by a 'object reference not set to an instance of a object' error.

I found the following blog which seems to be talking about the same problem: http://blog.fredrikhaglund.se/blog/2007/10/23/things-noticed-last-week/

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks,

May 25, 2009 2:43
Vote:

I seem to have the exact same problem. Did you have any luck fixing it?

Feb 02, 2010 18:43
Vote:

Hi,

Is this a site that is converted from CMS 4?
Or perhaps the export was done on CMS4 and then you try to import it in CMS5?
Had a customer do that and got the exact same problem.
The reason is that between CMS4 and CMS5 EPiServer switched from using integers to guids as its for the porms.

//Morten

Feb 02, 2010 21:20
Vote:

Afraid not. I was exporting a page with a form on our dev site so it can be used on live. The exact error I get is: 

Failed to save form "Form name not extracted"[System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.PropertyXFormTransform.ImportEventHandler(Object sender, TransformPropertyEventArgs e)]

Using .net reflector, where it says "form name not extracted", it would normally put the form name. It would suggest the form has not been exported. I can see form the xml export though.

lee

Feb 02, 2010 21:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.