Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SearchDataSource page source..

Vote:

Hi,

I was wondering if I could feed the SearchDataSource a collection of page references to search, instead of just specifying a parent page.

/Johan

Dec 10, 2009 16:18
Vote:

I'm not sure if that's possible, but you could always filter the results on the page references you have, so that the only pages returned are the ones in your collection.

Dec 16, 2009 9:35
Vote:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that's the way I decided to do it, though it's more inefficient (searching all pages to match a query and then filtering it on categories/tags instead of doing it the other way around).

Dec 16, 2009 9:49
Vote:

What about adding a property to the pages that you want to search, called for example "SearchThisPage" and then using with the two criterion of the user's search text and the property "SearchThisPage" is true with:

DataFactory.Instance.FindPagesWithCriteria

Dec 16, 2009 15:49
Vote:

The problem is it's a very large solution with thousands of pages and I heard FindPagesByCriteria is kind of slow in these situations , so I'm using this: http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Allan/Dates/112230/4/Quick-Category-Search/ to quickly find my categorized pages. These in turn are the pages I'd like to search with a text query.

Dec 16, 2009 15:55
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.