Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Save and View gives EPiServer.Core.AccessDeniedException

Vote:

When in the Editor, if I try to use Save and View (or just view any unpublished changes) I get the following error: Access was denied to page 12289_24156. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: EPiServer.Core.AccessDeniedException: Access was denied to page 12289_24156. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [AccessDeniedException: Access was denied to page 12289_24156.] EPiServer.PageBase.GetPage(PageReference pageLink) +274 EPiServer.SimplePage.get_CurrentPage() +176 EPiServer.EditPage.get_CurrentPage() +198 EPiServer.SimplePage.QueryAccess() +7 EPiServer.RightClickMenu.ᐁ() +57 EPiServer.TemplatePage.ᐂ(Object , EventArgs ) +224 System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +2069692 System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +9 EPiServer.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) +393 EPiServer.TemplatePage.OnInit(EventArgs e) +96 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +692
Mar 11, 2008 11:45
Vote:

Is this happening for a page you've just edited? That would be very strange. Don't really think you've got edit access, but not view (what's the logic in that? :-)) Right click the url in the iframe you've got the error in, and check that the host name is the same as the one you're using for edit mode (long shot - don't think that is the problem.) Strange indeed! /Steve
Mar 14, 2008 21:21
Vote:

I've checked the host names and they are both the same. This happens on our development (v4.62B), staging (v4.61) and live (v4.61) servers. My account has full administrator access.
Mar 31, 2008 10:27
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.