Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer WebChat (Skype Integration)

Vote:

Does anyone know whether there is a version of the Skype Integration Module available for ASP.NET 2.0.? In addition, which version(s) of EPiFields is expected to be used - I've got EPiFields 4.60.0.165 installed, but Skype keeps asking for 4.50.0.1. I assume I need to add some bindingRedirect statements, but I've tried adding these to the EPiServer site's web.config, the skypermi.config file in the web site root, and the skypermi.config in C:\Program Files\Elektropost\SkypeService to no avail. What I'm trying to do is implement Skype Integration on an EPiServer 4.61 site with ASP.NET 2.0 templates - is this possible? /Mark
Feb 28, 2007 14:30
Vote:

I got the bindingRedirect sorted out (I had the wrong 'from' version value). I have noticed that the code for the sample templates is included, so I added the EPiSkype folder to my EPiServer project. Once I added references to EeekSoft.Web.PopupWin.dll and SkypeClientAPI.dll, everything built OK. I deleted EPiSkype.DLL from the bin folder because there were ambiguous references (classes were now in EPiServerSample.DLL as well, of course). I have amended the /EpiSkype/SkypeContact.aspx page to use the master page and asp:Content instead of EPiServer:Content. However, when I try to create an instance of the SkypeContact page type, or add a Skype Notifier to a page, I get the following exception: Could not load file or assembly 'SkypeCommon, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Feb 28, 2007 16:04
Vote:

Aha! I found SkypeCommon.DLL in C:\Program Files\Elektropost\SkypeService, and it's working now.
Feb 28, 2007 16:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.