Run time error - EPiServer.fields.basesample.dll not found.

Vote:
 
Hi, One of my EPiServer applications was running perfectly and suddenly it started throwing a run time error as below. Following is the error details (Stack Trace): -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Message: File or assembly name EPiServer.Fields.BaseSample, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source mscorlib Stack at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object args, CultureInfo culture, Object activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName) at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName) at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName) at EPiServer.Core.PropertyData.CreatePropertyDataObject(String assemblyName, String typeName) at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageDB.ReadProperty(IDataReader reader, PropertyDataType dataType) at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageDB.ReadProperty(IDataReader reader) at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageDB.LoadUserProperty(PropertyDataCollection propertyColl, IDataReader reader) at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageLoadDB.Load(PageReference pageLink) at EPiServer.DataFactory.(PageReference ) at EPiServer.DataFactory.GetPage(PageReference pageLink, AccessLevel access) at EPiServer.PageBase.GetPage(PageReference pageLink) at EPiServer.SimplePage.get_CurrentPage() at EPiServer.EditPage.get_CurrentPage() at EPiServer.Core.LanguageManager.GetContextLanguage() at EPiServer.PageBase.get_EPLanguage() at EPiServer.PageBase.get_EPLocale() at EPiServer.PageBase.ActivateLocale() at EPiServer.PageBase.() at EPiServer.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) at EPiServer.TemplatePage.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() User Anonymous-------- Server Variables ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- 1) If we see the above stack trace some DLL is being loaded at runtime. ---- 2)If I change my web.config (EPsConnection)to point to a different database (located at User Acceptance Test), the application runs fine. ---- 3) When the application was running fine, it didn't have any reference to the DLL - EPiServer.fields.BaseSample. ----- I tried to add this DLL when the error occured but this didn't help. Kindly help me to understand the reason and possible solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards, Ranjeeta
#13289
Mar 25, 2008 18:36
Vote:
 
Hi, you have a custom property type that is registered, but the assembly it has been registered in does not exist any longer. Open Admin (it should still work). Under the Page Type tab, select Edit Custom Property Types. You should see one or more properties there that reference an assembly or class that you no longer have in your application. Delete these, when you get to one or more that is in use, you will get an error telling which page types it is used on. Fix this, and then delete it. The site should then work ok. This typically happens if you rename an assembly, and it has one or more custom property types set to auto register. Also note that the Class name and Assembly name headings in the list is switched. It should be the other way around. /Steve
#15576
Mar 25, 2008 18:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.