Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Authenticate to external DB account.

Vote:

When a user try to login to EPiServer I also wants to check the user credentials to an external Database, if external Database credentials does not match EPiServer I want to update the specific users credentials in External DB. If the users does not exists in the external db i want to return access denied or if the user are updated or exists i want to return the EPiServer Authenticated user. If I have AuthenticateType = "ExternalAuthDB" it should not be authenticated again. I have tried to add another Authentication Provider to handle the authentication to the external database, and I failed to create a new UnifiedPrincipal that inehrits groups and personal information such as Name, email etc. that is added to Principal. I have used this page to see how Authentication Chain works. http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/FAQ_EPiServer_4/959/977/
Oct 30, 2007 13:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.