Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mirroring

Vote:

Hi everyone, I have som questions about mirroring from EPiServer to EpiServer. The source episerver is an internal server which runs at our customer. It is not accessible from the outside, only through e.g. MetaFrame. I can't reach it from the destination server through url. They want to be able to create content on the internal server(their intranett), and mirror this to an external server (internett) in our inviroment. How can one set up this mirroring, or is it possible at all? I have followed the steps in the documentation, but I cant set up the remote website from external to "internal" episerver. Is there any other way? Did this make any sense?
May 30, 2006 9:56
Vote:

You can reach the external site from the internal server? The firewall must allow the internal server to connect to the external server.
Jun 02, 2006 9:01
Vote:

We have done exactly this for a customer this winter. Can you see the Web Service definition page on the remote server from your local server? http://external-ip/WebServices/DataFactoryService.asmx What kind of errors do you get? /snive
Jun 02, 2006 10:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.