Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

String page attribute default value not present on load during on CopiedPage event

Vote:

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the expected behaviour or not... could someone offer me some advice on the following please? I have an event handler attached to the CopiedPage event. The behaviour appears to be the event is only fired once, regardless of how many pages are actually copied, I assume this is expected behaviour. What I want to do is extract the value of a property I have defined on the page type. The page type has a default value, which of course an editor may have altered. In the event handler (where e is the event), I notice that e.Page is not set, so I load using: PageData page = Global.EPDataFactory.GetPage(e.PageLink); I then attempt to read the property value, it is called propertyName, using: PropertyData data = page.Property[propertyName]; This gives me back a valid PropertyDataCollection instance. However data.Value returns null. The page I am copying does not have a null value, and the default value for the page property is not null. Can anyone tell me how I can reliably get the value of this property from the page being copied please? At the moment the best I can do is extract the default value from the page type by using the following code: PageData parentPage = EPiServer.Global.EPDataFactory.GetDefaultPageData(page.PageLink, page.PageTypeID); I'm using EPiServer 4.60.0.165 running on XP.
Oct 13, 2006 15:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.